A for Appetizer

Imagine a nice summer night, a few friends, a bottle of delicious red wine and... appetizers! Hmmm, I love appetizers! I usually eat so much of them that I'm no longer hungry when dinner is served. But then again, I'm probably not the only one with this problem :) 

I like healthy and light appetizers, no fried chicken & chips for me! Today I made 2 appetizers that are very easy to make: veggies with homemade hummus and dates filled with organic goat cheese and walnuts.


Yesterday I made a green vegan salad with chickpeas and I used the rest of the chickpeas to make this hummus. Hummus is very easy to make and all you need is a blender or food processor:
  • 1 large cup chickpeas (soaked and cooked)
  • 1 clove chopped garlic
  • 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp tahini
  • pinch of sea salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Serve the hummus with some veggie sticks such as carrots, celery, red pepper, etc. 

I also made one of my personal favourites: dates filled with organic goat cheese and walnuts! Speaks for itself, too good to stay away from :)

Enjoy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment