Fruit salad: a raw food breakfast

I love having breakfast on a Sunday morning. Today I felt like making a big bowl of fresh fruit salad. Chopping up some fruits into a fruit salad makes a wonderful raw food breakfast and a great & healthy way to start your day.

I used 4 of my favourite fruits: apple, banana, blueberries and raspberries.

Apples are low in calories and are a good source of vitamin C, a powerful natural antioxidant. Bananas are rich in calories, but low in fats. Bananas are a very good source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C. Fresh bananas are also a very good source of potassium. Blueberries (my personal favourite) are very low in calories and are very powerful antioxidants. Raspberries are also low in calories and are rich in vitamin A, C and E. One big bowl of nutrients, I love it :)

For a bit of protein, I added some chopped nuts to my fruit salad (I used cashews). And last but not least I made it a superfood fruit salad by adding 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 tbsp of goji berries.

Have a great Sunday! xoxo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment