Nuts & seeds

OK, I'll admit it. I have an addiction too. I'm addicted to nuts & seeds. Not a day goes by without eating some of them. My favourites are cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds... Actually, I like them all :)
If I say I'm addicted, I'm not kidding. Seriously, I put nuts & seeds in everything; in salads, pasta's, granola, raw desserts or I just eat them raw as a snack. I love them. I sometimes eat raw almond butter out of the jar, can't help myself, it's too delicious!

Lucky for me, nuts & seeds have a lot of health benefits, they are very nutritious and are definitely part of a healthy diet. Nuts are rich in energy, protein, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids. I'm talking about raw nuts of course, not the roasted & salted ones.

"A handful of nuts helps keep heart disease away"


Eating nuts is also good for the heart and to lower your cholesterol. But like all good things, do it but don't overdo it, a handful of nuts a day is enough :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment