A raw gluten-free sunday morning breakfast

Good morning everyone!
After a crazy busy work week I really need a lazy sunday. To kick off the day I made myself a delicious raw & gluten-free breakfast that is full of vitamins, minerals, healthy fatty acids and proteins. I started with my daily smoothie. Usually I only have a smoothie for breakfast but it's sunday so a bigger breakfast is permitted :-)
My smoothie of the day contained a lot of ingredients, I love to throw in a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and see how the colour changes.
  • 2 cups of baby spinach leaves 
  • 1 avocado 
  • 1/2 cup coconut water 
  • 1 cup filtered water 
  • 1 organic apple 
  • 1 cup blueberries 
  • 1 cup cranberries 
  • 1 tsp spirulina powder 
  • 1 tsp chia seeds 



I also made some raw gluten-free apple cinnamon cookies. I didn't have a recipe, so I just experimented with my food processor and lucky for me, the cookies turned out to be delicious! These cookies are really quick & easy to make and all you need is a good food processor. 
  • 1 cup raw almonds 
  • 1 cup raw walnuts 
  • 1 tsp chia seeds 
  • 1/2 cup dates 
  • 1 organic apple 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1 pinch of salt 
Place the walnuts and the almonds in your food processor and blend until the nuts are roughly chopped. Add the dates & the chia seeds and blend again. Add the organic apple (chopped in little pieces), the cinnamon and the pinch of salt. Blend again to create your cookie dough. Make sure your dough sticks together, if not use some more dates. Make small round cookies with your dough. You can put the cookies in a dehydrator but you can also eat them right away. I had 2 of them for breakfast but will definitely have some more later :-)

Enjoy and have a great relaxing sunday! xoxo

1 comment: