Superfood truffles

Let's talk about superfoods, or foods that are packed with nutrients. I first heard about superfoods from raw food guru David Wolfe and I was blown away! David Wolfe is considered one of the world’s top authorities on natural health, beauty nutrition, herbalism, chocolate and organic superfoods. In one of his books 'Superfoods' David Wolfe explains why chocolate is an amazing superfood. Yes, that's right... chocolate! Does that mean chocolate is included in a healthy diet? Yes, but not the chocolate that you buy in your local supermarket, I'm talking 100% raw cacao. Raw cacao has a strong and bitter taste, I totally love it! Raw cacao is an amazing superfood because it's very high in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, magnesium, healthy fats etc. 

I use raw cacao powder in my treats such as brownies or in this case... superfood truffles

These superfood truffles are very easy energy snacks. These are the ingredients I use but you can add others or leave some out if you don't like them:
  • Dates
  • Raw cacao powder (I use Big Tree 100% Truly Raw Cacao)
  • Walnuts
  • Hemp seeds
  • Sesame seeds
  • Chia seeds
  • shredded coconut
  • coconut oil
  • goji berries
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla extract
  • Agave nectar
Blend these ingredients in your food processor and roll them into little balls.

That's it. As simple as that.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment