Ratatouille

Ratatouille is usually served as a side dish, but can also be served as a meal on its own. I love it, a big bowl of veggies! I make ratatouille quite often and when I do, I usually make a large portion for a few days and take some to work for lunch. Each time I feel a little hungry I have a small portion of ratatouille, a healthy snack. Helps me stay away from sweet treats :)

Tomatoes are the key ingredient of my ratatouille. Next to tomatoes I add zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and lots of herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, sea salt and pepper).

I like to add some Tofu, Tempeh or Quorn to ratatouille. These vegetarian meat replacers add some protein to the dish and make you feel full longer. This time I added Quorn, a meat alternative that is high in protein and dietary fibre and low in saturated fat and salt. Yummy.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment